Fodera Club

brorzg

Bonjour tout le monde je suis accordé actuellement en BEADG sur ma fodera imperial et j'aurai voulu savoir si s'accorder en EADGC nécessitait un changement autre qu'un réglage du truss-rod, notamment au niveau du sillet? Est-ce que ça craint quelque chose sur le long terme au niveau de la pression et du manche?

a quick word of advice from someone who tried a ton of things before finding something that worked.....

definitely get the nut changed like has been mentioned here already. Not only will it drone if it's too loose like someone said on this thread, but if it's too tight tuning will be a real pain because the round wound strings will get caught up on the nut. This is especially true if you're using a hip shot on the low E string (which I highly recommend) as the string has to move more often and further than just tuning the instrument.

I would also pay attention to the amount of times that the low E gets wrapped around the post of the hip shot tuner. I have a hip shot tuner on the fodera that's made by a company called "hip shot" as far as I know, and because of all the extra machinery on the hip shot the post ends up being a lot shorter. So you end up dropping the hip shot down, playing a while, and then when you put it back up to the E it will tune up a little sharp if there are too many wrap arounds of the string on the post. The string will end up bunching up and be sharp. It's something I really dug into a lot and tried so many different hip shots, and have only come up with one solution so far: To make a tapered core string on the nut end of the instrument. That way you only wrap the string once around the post, AND it's a smaller gauge at that point because of the taper and it seems to solve the problem. One other thing I talked to vinnie fodera about the other day was having special posts made for the hip shot and then just replacing them by hand. That's obviously a special machining job and is a bit involved, but it certainly solves the problem on a long term basis.

Anyway, enough blabbering. Just some things I've come across with this tuning, and the use of a hip shot over the past couple of years,

Easy,

Janek

Je suis tombé sur ce petit post de Janek Gwizdala, et je pense qu'il faudrait changer le sillet sur la fodera, ce que je ne compte pas faire, si d'autres personnes ont essayé je suis près à écouter les expériences

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oui, il y avait des trous, cela étant dû au fait qu'il avait fait tous ses tests de chevalets fretless sur cette basse... Ou du moins BEAUCOUP d'entre eux...

Donc pas la basse de DDP normalement. Mais une grosse grosse bassoune :)