Envie De...Vigier?

Zered

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Recently I asked about turning a stacked bass and treble control into two singles which I prefer. I found a guitar tech in York (UK) who was willing to do the job. www.facebook.com/yorkguitardoctor

Normally I'm OK with doing the mods myself, but the electronics cavity needed some tidying up anyway and I didn't want to break anything. It's a Marleaux 3 band pre-amp and normally not found in anything other than their own instruments - with no wiring diagram to go on I was in over my head!

Stephen did a great job and I'm really chuffed. I'll get some better pics in the daytime but this is the best I can do for now.

Well that's the latest update in the story of this constantly evolving bass! I don't think there's anything else to do now but play it!

Cheers

ped

EPSN0948_zpso6j8f20j.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the aproximate translation (désolé pour la tradution nimportaouak).

Wahou ! it's a cockpit plane (cri de joie et d'émerveillement ! c'est un tableau de bord d'avion).

I wait for the others photo ! (des photos, des photos !)

Can you explain electro ? (c'est quoi tout ces boutons ?)

Girl of joy, she's very nice (p**ain, elle déchire).

Mine at the bass tech for new blueburst dress like a schtrumpf (la mienne va bientôt être bleue...comme un schtroumpf).

a really great bass these passions ( les passions c'est bien et pis c'est tout!).

• Like 1

My English is bad too, but sometimes I cheat and use a translator, it gives a somewhat "special" style and I often tells silliness.
it is never bad, just for good mood.
sometimes there is a bit of slang, I guess it must be hard to grasp.

thank you for the explanation of the buttons. I have 2 vigiers, I love these basses

Can you tell me what is GK buttons ?

It works very well! Some of the English people on my English forum are harder to comprehend!

The GK buttons are for controlling the Roland VB99 unit. The system has a 13 pin output on the side of the bass and you can see the pickup just in front of the bridge. I can then play synths or models of other basses.

Here's a rough and bad demo showing my bass clean sound then using the VB99 to do a sort of Jazz Bass impression then finally a Musicman

everyone does not properly speak his own language, this is the world;-)

Interesting vb 99, especially directly controlled bass.
So you change presets directly bass.
In fact you can assign three different functions I understand.

thank you for the sound, it's nice to hear, beautiful interpretation and good sound.

Is it possible to ask you what you like in your preamp Vigier 5 Series III and Series II your Vigier 4.
They sound good (on soundcloud).
I will spend my passion 4 Series I in passive, but I tate me for a preamp.
The noll seems pretty good, but there are so many ... I have only tested the aguilar obp3 (on my Vigier 5).

Edited by moucoingre

Hi yes it's great to control the VB99 with the bass. Normally the buttons allow me to move up and down through patches but you can also make them turn on and off effects etc. The sky is the limit.

I like the Marleaux pre-amp in my bass, it's very subtle but musical. I tend to bypass it mostly unless i'm going for a particular sound. You can't normally buy the Marleaux pre-amp but I'd go for the Delano 3 band otherwise. But yes there are so many options it's hard to choose! As long as it sounds the same when it's set flat as the bass does in passive mode then I'm happy!

Cheers

ped

• 1 month later...

euh non !

la 5 c'est elle : http://onlybass.com/index.php?/topic/85902-vigier-passion-ill-5-cordes-vendue/?hl=vigier

Faudra que j'en fasse quelques photos.

Et je viens tout juste de récupérer ma 4, donc je vais bientôt faire quelques photos et je viendrais en déposer ici, mais voici quand elle était rouge et active : http://onlybass.com/index.php?/topic/85147-le-retour-vds-vigier-passion-serie-1-de-1985/?hl=vigier