Question Sur Un Effet

aqua

Je dirais une tech 21 vt bass? Je confirme pour avoir une big muff que ce n'est pas le son que tu recherche. Il vaut mieux voir du côté des overdrive et autres distos. Chez boss dans le pas trop cher il y l'odb3 avec un son un peu plus froid. Peut être un effet du style proco rat pour gratte (a voir si ça ne shunte pas trop les basses, mais on m'en a dit du bien).

C'est sur que c'est pas evident, il y a tellement de reglage possible avec un seul effet, puis l'attaque etc...

J'ai regarder pas mal de vidéo de toute les pédales que vous avez cités et on ne retrouve pas ce son bien precis, mais bon comme je dis plus haut, faut l'avoir entre les mains, peut etre si il y a des utilisateurs, ils pourront nous dirent si il arrive a obtenir ce type de son ou s'en raprocher en bidouillant ?

merci :)

on peut mettre n'importe quoi comme pédale pour avoir ce rendu, avec robert c'est son attaque qui fait tout.

je branchais une dod malmsteen avec ma 5 logabass à l'époque et j'avais le même son...j'ai une attaque de bourrin aussi.

en résumé il a un son crad de chez crad mais son attaque donne le "style"

J'ai regarder pas mal de vidéo de toute les pédales que vous avez cités et on ne retrouve pas ce son bien precis...

En même temps, pour être précis comme Robert, il faut jouer comme Robert et là, ce n'est plus une simple histoire de pédale.

:whistle:

Je pense qu'entre le message de JazzAd et d'Ouba tu as la réponse complète à ta question.

De plus, je ne suis pas sûr du tout qu'un son pareil soit vraiment utilisable hormis dans des passages avec peu de guitare saturée.

J'ai retrouvé une interview:

“Loud but True: Inside Trujillo’s battery of bass gear”

Aside from his flirtation with vintage Fender and Danelectro 4-strings for Jerry Cantrell’s Degradation Trip sessions, Robert Trujillo has been associated primarily with Tobias, Ernie Ball StingRay, and Fernandes 5-string basses on tours and in the studio with Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies, and Ozzy Osbourne. But he’s trying some new approaches.

“With Suicidal, I was originally using a Music Man before I switched to Tobias in the early days. The Tobiases carried me through Infectious Grooves, and with Ozzy I used a combination of Tobiases and custom-made Fernandes basses. With Metallica, I’m finding myself using everything from Music Man basses to MTDs, and the Fernandes basses are crushing! I recently pulled out the Music Man I played on the cover of Bass Player in 1994, and it sounded like a Mack truck. So now we’re tweaking out other StingRays; I’ll be using Fernandes basses, too.” And the Tobiases? “They’ve given me so many good years on the road and in the studio, so I’m retiring them.”

For Trujillo, Metallica’s low tunings are a special challenge. “Everything’s tuned down a whole step on the E, A, D, and G strings, and sometimes even down to G# and A on the B-string. It’s sub-sounding, and I’m using tighter B-strings now, so the low B is in full effect. And the Music Man and Fernandes basses sound good as long as we set them up the for low tunings.” Trujillo strings all his basses with medium-light Dean Markley SR-2000 4-string sets—.046, .063, .080., and a .102 E-string—and he reaches for an Ernie Ball 130 B string. Everything’s connected by Monster Cables.

Trujillo is using different amps as well. When performing with Ozzy, he used two SVT 3’s for tone, one SVT 4 for power, and a Hi-Watt 4x12 half-stack. Zach Harmon, Metallica’s equipment manager and Trujillo’s bass tech, Robert is now using three SVT-2 heads with three Ampeg 8x10 Pro series cabinets and a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head with two Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabs. Trujillo’s effects include a Morley wah pedal, which he uses for everything from “For Whom the Bell Tolls” to newer material from St. Anger.

Harmon also reveals that Trujillo is using Tech. 21 products for distortion, Tech. 21 Sansamp products for additional bass tone, and Boss effects pedals for chorus and flange. For this summer’s sanitarium tour, Harmon says he’s putting “a trimmed-down version of the studio” into Robert’s rack, including multiple DIs—one for Robert’s clean sound, another for his full crunch tone and one for his blended signal. After 20 years in metal’s frontline trenches, Robert says, “We’re experimenting with a whole new sound.”