ped

Hey Ped!

Welcome here!

A question for you: could you give me the width of your 4 string Vigiers (for both the nut and the last fret)? 'Cause I'm looking for a new bass with a very confortable neck , so I just wanted to know.

Basstyra , you can answer the question if you like! (on continue en Anglais? Pas chiche!).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcom Ped,

Beautiful basses.

My passion is an Arp?ge :wink: but I'm in love with passion too? One day it will be mine undoubtedly. :goute:

Can you tell me more about Marleaux electronics ?

arpegein5.gif

Why when we are on a foreigner forum we have to speak English, while when a foreigner come here we have to speak English again. French are too kind, too gentle.I don't agree about that.It's a scandal!Mutiny!"It's the fiiiiinaaal fiiiighteuuux" (l'internationale) :goute: I'm jokin' Welcome home dude :wink:Just for the pleasure(je devrais la mettre dans le topic des videos tiens...)
Thanks for the welcome, and funny video! English is the language of the sky so perhaps it is becoming the language of the internet also! I will try and speak some french at some point - after trying to read some of your French postings here I will probably pick it up!
Welcome on board ! Your Vigiers look very nice, specially the third one you're expecting ! Don't hesitate to post some pics as soon as you received it !
Thanks Sven I will definitely get some clips and pictures up ASAP!
Hi Ped !Glad to see you there ! :) You Vigiers are so beautiful...But the you own that I prefer are your Bacchuses... :blush: Good looking and sounding...Due to the bassplayer :angel:
Hi mate, The Bacchus basses are truly superb. I sold them to friends and will buy them back soon. I just needed the cash to hand for the Vigier. The Jazz bass is a real Sadowsky killer!
You're most welcome here.Especially as a Passion lover. These are my current ones :
Beautiful. The gold hardware looks fantastic! On the 4 string passion, is that a series 2 or 1? Is there a pickup selector switch rather than a blend controlà
I should take better pictures of mine....Passion is my favourite Vigier bass !Gold hardware and clear black...mmh...nice mix Zered :blush: Big : je devrais poster plus souvent :lollarge:
I think it was your review which led me to this forum. Your bass looks lovely. I see you had it built especially for you, too.
Welcom Ped, Beautiful basses.My passion is an Arp?ge :wink: but I'm in love with passion too? One day it will be mine undoubtedly. :goute: Can you tell me more about Marleaux electronics ?
I Love the Arpege range. I narrowly missed out on buying a blueburst series 3 5 string here recently. Have you got any sound clips of yours, or of an Arpege at allà It would be good to compare it to the passion.The Marleaux electronics were fitted because this bass was found with the standard electronics taken out and a P bass style split pickup installed which was of course rubbish. I have friends at Marleaux (Germany) who sent me the Basstec humbucker pickups and a 3 band EQ. What I really like about the EQ is that the treble is centered at 8khz, to me, this is where the sweet spot lies!I do find the Benedetti pickups terrific sounding in my fretless, but they can be noisy when both are not turned on. What is the 'standard' replacement pickup some of you have tried? I might be interested in some humbckers in both 4 and 5 string sizes if you know of a good alternative.
Hey Ped!Welcome here!A question for you: could you give me the width of your 4 string Vigiers (for both the nut and the last fret)? 'Cause I'm looking for a new bass with a very confortable neck , so I just wanted to know.Basstyra , you can answer the question if you like! (on continue en Anglais? Pas chiche!).
Of course... 38mm at the nut and the last fret is about 55mm. It feels very comfortable because the neck is pretty thin and has a nice rounded profile and the fingerboard is quite flat.Cheers everyone!ped

Have you got any sound clips of yours, or of an Arpege at allà

Not since I changed pickups, but i'll make some very soon.

I changed them because I do not find the Benedetti pickups terrific, I replaced them by CREL DB42 (Higher level and more bass and low medium) Great pickups :D !!!! believe me.

CREL

Next stage would be to change electronics, but i'm not sure yet, with CREL, this Arpege is very near of ideal bass for me.

Hey Ped!

Welcome here!

A question for you: could you give me the width of your 4 string Vigiers (for both the nut and the last fret)? 'Cause I'm looking for a new bass with a very confortable neck , so I just wanted to know.

Basstyra , you can answer the question if you like! (on continue en Anglais? Pas chiche!).

I took some measurments, available there :

=> http://forum.onlybass.com/index.php?showtopic=21664

Hello ped

My name is Nulos and I Speak Franglish

The Franglish is a m?lange of the French language and the English language.

So Welcome here , Fenderbass is a very good forum de basse.

You are a man with a "bon gout" because you play with a very good French Bass. (you're bass are very jolies!!)

WELCOME !!!

PS : Do you know where is Brian and Jenny ? In the Kitchen or in the garden ??

(it's a private joke...a french joke...)

:goute:

Hi Nulos,

I do indeed hope to develop my Franglish. Normally when in france I cope by raising my voice and gesticulating wildly. I spent a summer in a village called Domme in the South of France near the Dordoigne (sp?) and it was bloody hot but lovely.

Not only do I play French basses, I am told constantly by people who don't even know me that I look very French. I will post a picture so you can judge for yourselves!

"Do you know where is Brian and Jenny ? In the Kitchen or in the garden ??" - You know us Brits, we spend little time in the kitchen making our Roast Beef. I should think Brian is in the shed pretending to fix the mower but actually reading a magazine and smoking a pipe into a flower pot whilst Jenny is on the phone to Susan discussing the weather!

Ta

ped

Hi there, and welcome on our Forum !

It's a pleasure to see some new people over here ! Besides, your bass collection is really awesome ! I really like the fretless Passion ! Really nice!

If you need anything : don't hesitate !

Have a nice time over here ! :)