ped

Definetely we are... :lol:

Welcome on board dude and feel free to sit down in the warm coach of onlybass and drink some beers with us. Don't forget to tell us the next time you come to France, it would be a great opportunity to meet you and share about our passion (Vigier or not :unsure::goute: ).

Bienveniou!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I assume you went for the 101x36mm size humbuckers - were they a good fit?

They are just at the good size, 101X45mm. Case is wengu?. I'm not really sure that they are exactly like serial pickups.

In fact I tell him size of my bennedetti and i received CREL exactly at the good size... For the same price.

Edited by Vib

Pffff... We're not even jealous... :bleh:Oh, wait a moment... yes, we are... :cray:
Fear not, I will post some sounds when she arrives!!
Definetely we are... :lol:Welcome on board dude and feel free to sit down in the warm coach of onlybass and drink some beers with us. Don't forget to tell us the next time you come to France, it would be a great opportunity to meet you and share about our passion (Vigier or not :unsure::goute: ).Bienveniou!
Thanks for the welcome! I will indeed have some beers with you, but not too many - I am driving!
They are just at the good size, 101X45mm. Case is wengu?. I'm not really sure that they are exactly like serial pickups.In fact I tell him size of my bennedetti and i received CREL exactly at the good size... For the same price.
Excellent, thanks for the info. When you said the case is Wengue, does that mean the case is made from a wood which we call 'Wenge' here in the UK - used a lot in Warwick basses?After a long play with my fretless last night I have decided that the pickups in it are fantastic, especially with the bridge soloed, but they can be a bit noisy. I think it is a price worth paying though, as a humbucker in the same position will not have the same sound, and if I coil-tap it, there will be hum again. I think on a fretted bass, the replacements make sense though, and yours look great. Do you have any bigger pictures?Cheers all,ped

Excellent, thanks for the info. When you said the case is Wengue, does that mean the case is made from a wood which we call 'Wenge' here in the UK - used a lot in Warwick basses? Do you have any bigger pictures?Cheers all,ped

That's it ! The wood used a lot by Warwick.

Sorry for dust on pickups :blush:

crel1rc6.gif

crel2np0.gif

Having played an Altelier Z (owned by Ari who I have seen on this forum too!) I would say his bass is more modern sounding, but the construction is of equally high quality. It is interesting that the Japanese companies tend to use transparent scratchplates - another jazz bass I had featured one:

P7010684p.jpg

I think they look fantastic though!

I love the Vigier Delta Metal. Not easy to find at shop, but it sound really good. But i have already my wal :wub:

About Bossa, i don't really like this model. I test it, somes years ago, and find nothing else a Fender JB without the right sound for a JB. It's just my opinion, but somes times after i test from Bossa another really killer 5 strings.

I agree - it was very Fender-ish and not quite as good as some I had at the time. It looked stunning though.My Vigier 5 arrived today and I am REALLY happy with it. The G string wouldn't go low enough thanks to the saddle design on the Kahler bridge but once removed it is perfect and sounds very powerful and 'fat'!I Love Opeth BTW!

The G string wouldn't go low enough thanks to the saddle design on the Kahler bridge but once removed it is perfect and sounds very powerful and 'fat'

Euh... Quelqu'un peut me traduire, je ne comprends pas la phrase...

Ped, with some pics, it would be soooo great ! :angel:

"The G string wouldn't go low enough thanks to the saddle design on the Kahler bridge but once removed it is perfect and sounds very powerful and 'fat'"

Traduction sous toutes r?serves : "La corde de sol n'ira pas assez bas en raison du dessin de ... sur le chevalet Kahler, mais une fois enlev?, c'est parfait et ?a sonne très puissant et gras".

K?tchoz comme ?a.

J'ai un trou pour "saddle" et j'ai pas de dico sous la main.

Edit : saddle, c'est la selle. Il parle donc du dessin de la "selle" sur le chevalet. Nos lecteurs rectifieront d'eux-mêmes.

Edited by big'

:angel: "Blood on the saddle"...

"The G string wouldn't go low enough thanks to the saddle design on the Kahler bridge but once removed it is perfect and sounds very powerful and 'fat'"

Traduction sous toutes r?serves et edit?e de même: "La corde de sol ne peut pas descendre assez bas ? cause de la forme de la selle du chevalet Kahler, mais une fois enlev?, c'est parfait et ?a sonne très puissant et gras".

Je sais, c'est pire, et pourtant plus proche de la v?rit?...

Ahemmm... Let's speak esperanto!

Nouvelle traduction sous toutes r?serves et edit?e de même: "La corde de sol ne peut pas descendre assez bas ? cause de la forme du pontet du chevalet Kahler, mais une fois enlev?, c'est parfait et ?a sonne très puissant et gras".

:goute: Merci pour ta contribution, Jeanne, je sens qu'on approche de la substantificque mo?lle, maintenant...