ped

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yes the French certainly make nice basses!! I had a Citroen that exploded the other week, so I am not so certain I can extend the compliment to our four wheeled friends!!

Glad you are liking the video. I am not sure what the following mean, probably because I am a Roast Beef:

"Rh? la fretless touche érable ! Rh? the fretless with the fingerboard's maple !"

and

"But what's sure is that your guitarist mate on the video definitely looks like Pollux"

Please feel free to enlighten moi!

Cheers everyone!

ped

Actually, I think he believe's your fretless has a maple fingerboard, just like mine (stabilized maple! Harder than Ebony!)... I think he never heard about "metal delta" fingerboards :wink:

Otherwhise, "Pollux" is a hero from an animation show most of post-teenagers have seen when they were kids. Here's "Pollux", the hero of that show (wich was called "le man?ge enchant?") :

:lol:

Otherwise, your basses sound terrifically well, and the bass player behind ain't bad either :wink:

Today i ticked twice.

First, i can now translate "le man?ge enchant?" into english. That will be quite hard to use when teachin' the kids, but one never knows when this is going to be useful, eh?

Second, I learned that we have know a new and valuable member. Welcome, Ped.

Chaps!! Check out this video I made with my basses! Enjoy!

hello,

can you tell me what is the exact model of the first bass you are playing in your vid ?

and do you have a classic EADG tunning ? if yes, your E is so deep !

Thanks by advance ;)

Edited by remiiiiiii

Remiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

The first bass is a 'series II' Vigier Passion. It has a 100% Graphite weave neck, the body is alder and the pickups and electronics are by Marleaux. The electronics were fitted seperately because when I got the bass the standard electronics had been removed. The Marleaux system sounds excellent, very natural and like the Benedetti system.

Here is a better picture. The serial number is 733, denoting it was made on the 15/10/1988.

P3310346.jpg

P3310348.jpg

In the video I am tuned as folows: 1st bass - Dflat ADG, second bass DADG, third bass BEADG all flat.

Edited by ped

Difficult to compare directly as the fretless bass has the electronics that WOULD have been in the fretted bass, but it of course sounds very different being fretless and all. I am certainly very happy with the Marleaux setup, it seems to just amplify the great sound the bass already has.

A nice feature is the treble control on the pre-amp is centred at 8khz which I love. The five string has the standard benedetti setup and pre-amp and it sounds fantastic - possibly more 'open' and clear. The fretless has a John East pre-amp because I like being able to play with the mid frequency and pickup blend to get a wide variety of sounds on that bass - the other two are pretty much flat all the time.

Cheers!!

ped

• 3 months later...