Vente: Leduc Custom Masterpiece 6

vilkai

Je non parler francais - pardon!

I'm a new user here, I got interested in French basses after I bought a Noguera YV6 a year ago. Here's some of my feedback at an English site:

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23260&hl=prefect and at TalkBass:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/itrader.php?u=121160

So. I was going to keep a pair of super jazz sixes. Unfortunately, I can't.

What's this then?

Cristophe Leduc is one of the better French lutheirs. The woodworking and design is seriously the among best I've seen, if not best. Clean lines, flawless execution and chich details, like the truss rod cover.

All this would be worthless if the bass wasn't any good. This bass delivers.

and
As you'll note this bass does a great single-coil jazz tone, but has it's own twist. Spankiest neck-through bass I've ever played.

The good: Tone, tone, tone. Ergonomics. Excellent balance as the upper horn goes all the way to 11th fret. The neck is really, really, nice. You can see in the pics that it starts off with modest dimensions: 56 mm wide and some 23 mm thick at nut, and doesn't get thicker down the neck. Graphite rods in the neck add spank and stiffness. The electronics are quite intuitive: vol, bal, bass boost/cut and a control that boosts highs and cuts mids one way and cuts high and boosts mids the other. Switch defeats mid boost/cut, so it work like a 2-band eq in that mode. It's 7 years old now, but the frets are in great condition.

Here's a bit of specs and vids 860 mm scale means 34,5" scale more or less?

The bad: arguably the price. Starting from 3600 euro new. This bass has a racy colour. Everybody and their cousin won't have an identical bass. There are a few scrapes and dents on the bass, as seen in the photos.

I'm feeling even more need for a new bass! I'm asking EUR1500 until what I want is sold. With a nice case. For those who are curious, I'm a Roscoe fan and there's a rare Roscoe available. And my Nordstrand does do a tone similar to this, but not as spanky or burpy, tone. (And that bass cost be quite a bit with the latest repairs. I can't afford to sell it, ever.)

I would listen to any offers! Also, I'm open to any trade offers, so don't hesitate to contact me here or via email ville.kainu(a)gmail.com or tel: +358-40-740 6579.

PhotoBucket album

Leduc003-1.jpg

Leduc008.jpg

Leduc007-1.jpg

Leduc018.jpg

Edited by vilkai

Hi beautiful bass... I think I already saw this one for sell in talkbass and even on ebey :goute: before and made me gas...

good luck

I already play a Masterpiece 5 that I love. Would you trade + cash ?

You have Frank Z's photo as avatar! Of course I would! Maybe we should take it to emails or private messages so we don't fill up the thread?

btw - I saw the tobaco thread on the first page of the bar, but not a vin thread? Or do you split it up by appellation here?

I've been buying cotes du rhone stuff for us lately. Something with cinsault. Guigal for example.

ok I mail you pics...

I can't tell much about the tobacco thread, for I have been breathing much better without (tobacco nor bananas) since 1983 lol...

I am in a good place in south west France for red wine hoever am I rather on the organic side of it... I can tell you good places for if you want.

:drinks:

Edited by nanook

ok I mail you pics...

I can't tell much about the tobacco thread, for I have been breathing much better without (tobacco nor bananas) since 1983 lol...

I am in a good place in south west France for red wine hoever am I rather on the organic side of it... I can tell you good places for if you want.

:drinks:

Yes, tobacco isn't good the health - I mostly smoked robustos until I, too, stopped. However, a glass of cognac or port and a cuban cigar would be nice now and then. We only have two sorts of organic french wine at our state monopoly wine shop here in Finland. South-west? Do they make poulet basquaise where you live, or is it further south? I make it now and then in the summer.

Edited by vilkai

Hi,

really great and fantastic bass, sure :wink: and thank's for your MP :)

I love the Leduc bass, wonderful instrument. The Leduc profil neck is one of the better of the world.

The same in headless 5 strings and I would been very interested but there regrettably 6 strings, it's too much for me :sorry: I tested and played 6 strings bass, I have even still one of it at the moment, a Status S2 NT 6 strings, but they are really not for me :unsure:

I also saw this beauty on talkbass, basschat and ebay :) and I hope it will find a great bass player and father fast. All musician french people know the Leduc instrument are phenomenal and exceptional :wink:

good sale my friend :)

Sixes are not for everyone. But I'd say that these two sixes I've listed here are the easiest sixes to play, along with all other Skjold sixes I've had, and the prices aren't that bad I think?

If someone has a Music Man bass that they would trade, I'd put a Stingray trade value at about 1100 euro.

Alors qui c'est t'y qui l'a maintenant... ?? Fractal?

périple à suivre de la belle babasse qui rentre au pays après une virée aux US (savent pas ce qu'ils perdent)

pour mémoire : elle se vendait sur talkbass ou c'est Ville (Vilkai) qui l'a prise.

pour mémoire encore plus vieille : ce qui m'a tué c'est que le gars qui la lui a vendue l'avait choppée sur ibeille pour moins de 800$ :blink: arhggg

Edited by nanook

Elle est maintenant mienne, fraichement arrivée ce soir :) Par contre, elle n'est pas (encore) rentrée au pays, puisqu'elle est à présent à Cambridge, UK.

Elle tient compagnie à ma fidèle Lag Force-6 headless et sa copine la Logabass 5c fretless.

Ce manche est une veritable autoroute. Et c'est un poids plume ! Je rève déjà de la même en headless...