Sadowsky Nyc

albinokiller

Hi

What do you think about this

12200533_1075421849159078_567333514_n.jp

My friend bought this Sadowsky NYC frm Thomann and it came with body/neck conection like this. We tought it must be something wrong with it. We have sent email to Roger, and when he replied every new Sadowsky NYC is built this way and he wants it to look like this.

Bass is great, playable, huge sounding, but why do you think is this made like this?

Edited by albinokiller

on dirait un gros renversement pour améliorer l'angle d'attaque des cordes vis à vis du manche. Sans doute quasi obligatoire en fonction des côtes de cet instrument. Normal but not pretty...

No...not pretty at all...at first it really looks like something is wrong with neck...isn't there another way to do his...and I never noticed it on other basses...

He would return the bass but he emailed to Roger Sadowsky and Roger told him he wants it to be this way and in every new Sadowsky is made like this...

I had one RV5 and played few NYC but none has something like this...but my friend said he'll keep it...he trusts Roger...I don't know what would I do...

Right, remove the neck, take pics, and post here.

I'll tell friend to do that...

Edited by albinokiller

No need.

New Standards Sadowsky have deeper neck pocket so i imagine the angle of the neck pocket is necessary to have a good set up.

The reason why the neck pockets are deeper is explained there: http://www.talkbass.com/threads/club-sadowsky-part-37.1061527/page-27#post-15895963

Edited by gargouill
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...