Ajouter Un Input Gain Sur Une Pédale De Drive

RobTheMob

Salut à tous, je suis complétement gaga de ma Double-Muff, à tel point que j'ai craqué sur une Muff Overdrive il y a peu - à noter au passage que le mode single de la double n'a rien à voir du tout avec le son de la simple - et voilà que je tombe sur cette vidéo :

D'après vous est-ce que c'est faisable sans trop de difficultés ? Si oui comment s'y prendre ?

Merci les copains.

C'était Eric le builder de Mellowtone qu'avait lancé cette mod (mode!?) c'est pas un gain c'est un autre volume en entrée:

It is pretty simple, if I could give good instructions that were clear it would be easy, but mines already done and I don't want to take it apart to make instructions... but here goes (some soldering experience will be extremely helpful!!!)

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK - If you blow it its your bad

(looking up the schematic for the Nano Muff Overdrive at another forum will be helpful in identifying the correct components on the pcb)

actually here is the schematic

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/75...eschematic.jpg

this is for the revision E board looks like, which is what I had.

1. if you remove the backplate there is a green .068uF cap (C5) near the input jack. desolder the leg nearest the jack leaving the other leg soldered. you will have to bend the capacitor out of the hole to get it desoldered. be careful not to snap the other leg.

2. loosen the nuts on the jacks, remove the knob, and remove the nuts off the potentiometer and footswitch, and carefully remove the guts

3. you will need to drill a hole for a small pot (16mm alpha style) in the location shown in the picture. basically it should be inline with the footswitch which is 1 3/8" from the bottom of the case, and then it should be basically centered up and down but a bit closer to the top of the casing so that the lid doesnt touch anything when it is put on

4. install a 100k pot in this location

5. on the PCB there is a 2.2meg resistor (R2). desoldered both ends carefully, as you will be reusing this resistor! you could just clipping it and use a new one, if you wanted though.

6. there is some sort of coating on the backs of pots that make them not really solderable. scuff up the back with a file or sandpaper. then solder the 2.2meg resistor with one end on the back of the pot and the other end to lug 3 of the pot. (I should note to make sure to install the pot in such a way that the lid wont touch it when its put on)

7. solder a wire between the empty hole of C5 and lug 1 of the pot.

8. solder a wire between the free leg of C5 and lug 2 of the pot

9. reassemble the pcb into the box

10. since one end of the capacitor is free, you need some sort of strain relief, so after testing to make sure it works, tape it down with some electrical tape or give it a dab of hot glue

11. add a knob if you want

ALSO this pedal is NOISY because its not grounded properly to the chassis

so I also soldered a little wire between the back of the potentiometer and a lug on the footswitch that was marked 'GND' on the PCB