ped

The first bass is a 'series II' Vigier Passion. It has a 100% Graphite weave neck, the body is alder and the pickups and electronics are by Marleaux. The electronics were fitted seperately because when I got the bass the standard electronics had been removed. The Marleaux system sounds excellent, very natural and like the Benedetti system.

Hello again Ped,

just another question : can you give me the exact specs of theses pickups and electronics, pleeeeease :) ?

Thanks by advance,

Cheers,

Rémi

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again Ped,

just another question : can you give me the exact specs of theses pickups and electronics, pleeeeease :) ?

Thanks by advance,

Cheers,

Rémi

Hi Rémi,

The EQ in the bass is the 3 band active/passive seen on this page:

http://www.marleaux-bass.com/eng/baesse/details.html but I am sure my treble frequency is 8khz - I did have a page with better details so I will try and find it. The pickups are a bit of a mystery to me - I can't find much about Basstec who made these apart from the fact that they do make pickups for some really nice stock instruments. I THINK they are triple coil, I can't remember - I will try and find out because you have piqued my curiosity again.

Nnooooooooooo !!! :shout:

V.A.S. (Vigier Acquisition Syndrom... A very dangerous mutation of de GAS virus) :devil: has reached me once more !!!

I want a fretted 4 stringer Arpege...

Well, yes... I must admit I've been passionate about Passion Basses, and I still own two.

Rediscovering the Arpege versatility with my Fretless one, and seeing that odd Passion of yours, Basstyra (pickups are located just like the Arpege are <_< ) makes me want to get back to a fretted Arpege. Or one of that series of yours Basstyra, just to keep the Passion ergonomy and regain the Arpege versatility... :angel:

By the way, I've not posted any pics of my own Vigier here...

This is for you Ped :

canap1.jpghttp://forum.onlybass.com/index.php?showtopic=25781&hl=

:wink:

Hi Zered,

Beautiful collection. I always like seeing the passion body shape alongside more traditional designs, it makes me realise how 'radical' they actually are, and how ahead of their time they were, and still are. The black strings really suit the 5 string! Unfortunately they don't make them thin enough for me, and I am completely sold on Elixir strings. With the graphite neck, the strings seem to never lose their freshness and have lasted over 6 months on a constant basis!

I will check out the dedicated topic and no doubt fill it with some Vigier love soon. Thanks for sharing the picture. By the way, are the fret lines on the Arpege 'standard'? What is the body wood, it is absolutely stunning!!

Do you have any idea what the body wood is on my 4 string? I presume it is Alder but the grain is throwing me off a bit. Someone mentioned French Bur Elm? Either way, I love it more than anything in the world!!! Apart from my dog.

ped

Hi Ped,

The first series Arpege have their bodies made of two different woods : Maple for the two pieces of the body thru neck. The main parts of the body is french walnut. It gives a very specific warmth to these instruments. :wub:

For your basses, I'm pretty shure for the fretted one, a bit less for the god damn gorgeous fretles :mf_lustslow: (due to the paint) : Passion basses bodies are made of alder.

5ers are composed of laminated French maple/alder/maple. I've come to understand that you cans still ask Patrice Vigier to have you made a custom Passion or Arpege with walnut, but I'm not 100% sure... :blush:

Thanks for the reply. Mt fretless is a 'standard' so probably solid alder as you say. The 5 string is a 'custom' with maple/alder/maple, and I guess the fretted 4 is also alder then. I must say on paper and in my experience I prefer ash to alder but I think it works really well in this bass because of the way it is blended with the carbon neck. Stiff neck + softer body = great tone!!

I am hoping to be able to afford a series 4 passion bass soon but I can't afford to get it now, during the 'artists only' period, but will have one at some point I am sure...

• 2 weeks later...

Not basses, but :

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/img/membres/aud...l/5/2/52273.jpg

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/img/membres/aud...l/5/2/52275.jpg

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/img/membres/aud...l/5/2/52267.jpg

(sorry, I'm a bad photographer)

And I might admit that I did some infidelities to Vigier for my basses but as

I love Leduc a lot too :lollarge: