Vente: Skjold Exotic Custom Series Fretted 6

vilkai

There's something available that I'd like, a lot. And it's affordable, too. When is sells I withdraw this bass from sale.

What am I selling:

http://skjolddesign.com/

It's a recent build by Peter Skjold. It's an exotic custom series, so it's got some out of the ordinary specs:

1) the neck: 7-piece neck. Very stiff. Very comfy. Really, really easy to play. People with both claim Skjolds are about the only bass to match an MTD.

Has a rare bloodwood fretboard and a wenge veneer on the headstock.

2) the body: wenge facings, top and back. Ash core, maple accents. The body shape is highly ergonomic, both standing and sitting down. You'll note how the bridge is at the edge of the body. This way the reach to 1st position is at it's minimum. The pickups have bloodwood covers that match those of the fretboard.

The standard specs:

Skjold CS pickups. These were reversed when I got the bass, resulting in bad tone and balance between them. Now that that is sorted, this bass is all I've come to expect from Skjold (this being my seventh Skjold): very open, natural, dynamic and punchy, wide, articulate yet somehow warm.

East pre-amp. Vol, bal or 4-position rotary switch (both included, really easy to go back & forth), treble w/ slap hi-boost pull function, bass, mid w/sweep eq center, tone w/ active-passive pull switch. Can go ALL sorts of places.

Hipshot hardware. I like Hipshot the best.

Why am I selling this:

I've found a something I want to have, and buying something means I'll have to sell something.

Pete quoted me USD5500 for a new one like this, per his latest price hike. I'm asking EUR1900 which is much less than I paid for this, and I bought the bal pot, too! The bass is in near mint condition. Apart from changing the strings and the fingerprints, there is one mark on the bass, shown in the last photo in this post. There's not even slap scratching.

Trades: well, I'm open for anything + cash trades. Comes with the excellent Skjold light hard case/gig bag hybrid. Would trade for a Roscoe Century 6 string.

My Mikseri.net page has 4 songs in it now! The two named songs were played with the Skjold, the earlier two were done with the Roscoe SKB3006 I sold. You can really hear the difference! Same DI box, btw, a Raven Labs MDB-1.

Some pics of me own! You'll note that it we don't get much in the way of daylight here this time of year. :/

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/ECS6/

ECS6007.jpg

ECS6012.jpg

ECS6027.jpg

ECS6022.jpg

ECS6025.jpg

Edited by vilkai

héhé

Vous pouvez y aller, c'est à lui que j'avais acheté ma Smith... C'est bien emballé, ça réponds vite et il a l'habitude...

Bonne vente ^^

Merci beaucoup pour commentaire! Gear Acquisition Syndrome is a terrible mistress!

Because of that, I'll consider ANY trades with cash coming this way.

I'm sure you guys know how it is when you want a new bass and you have promised the wife that you will only buy new basses when you sell something old?

Both this and the Leduc are as good as or better than any Ken Smith, F-Bass or Wal I've had. BUT the tone is of course different for every marque!

It won't make me sad to miss the Roscoe 6 that is for sale now, I can always buy a new one when I've sold some stuff... The Leduc has a lot of bite, and I'm taking it to rehearsal today.

In my ideal world, I would have:

1 Noguera

1 Leduc (maybe a U-bass? I love the unique sounds on youtube videos!)

1 Ken Smith

1 Skjold

1 Roscoe

1 Sei

1 Wal

1 MTD

My Nordstrand NX6

But where would I keep all these? Since the Nordstrand does a 'jazz bass' tone - well something like it (and it cost me 4500 euro with the recent repairs!!! I can NEVER sell that bass) and the Roscoe does a great 'Precision bass' tone, it makes sense to get those two first.

If someone has a Music Man bass that they would trade, I'd put a Stingray trade value at about 1100 euro.

Edited by vilkai

I think we like the same neck profil and bass. I search also a Sei Bass flamboyant and headless but really rare in used and the waiting for a new it's arround 12-18 month :sorry: , I love the design of these bass :) Have you test the Warrior bass? I think you can to like it also. I just bought one and the neck is really fantastic again a little better of the Leduc and the Warrior are very light, great sound and mine a 5 strings is less of 8lbs (between 3,5 and 3,6kg ):) and I think you can to like also the Marleaux and the Jerzy Drodz bass, great bass to with a really thin and easy neck :)

Your bass and your prices are great, buyers GO!!! :)

Hello Vilkai,

How are you ?

To all, this is a top notch guy, you could buy with confidence !

Hi Buddha,

fine, thanks for asking! I hope you're well, too? A guy asked me to put this on hold, but his offer doesn't meet my asking price so far. I may take his offer, though, so now's the time to make an offer!

Edited by vilkai