restauracja-gitar

bastien

Pas vraiment le temps ce soir demain de bonne heure debrif promis .

Pour l'instant aucune réponse de sa part bizarre pour un mec réactif...

Je suis déçu pour plusieurs raisons,déjà comme on le présentait c'est une jb 40 ,le vernis à du disparaître par rapport au photo , le manche pas régler,planification salopée,les câbles sont coincés entre le corps et les micros ,les potards sont branchés à l'envers ,tona a la place du volume bref de l'amateurisme pur et dur !!! 

Ça sonne quand même avec ça,je pourrais tout reprendre ,mais c'était pas le but ...

Maintenant j'ai payé avec PayPal via invoice de sa part !

Quel serait les recours ?

Hello guys unfortunatelly i don't speak french but i feel i need to explain and apologize.

YES WE Screwed up and mistaken decribe the bass as original 1962 Reissue. OF course its JB40. We made a big mistake and i have nothing to add. We didn't do than on purpose cause there is still JB-40 Stamp on the neck pocket. I apologized my customer and told him that we will do  a full refund without  any problems.

YES the stack knobs might be wired upside down - i found 61 stack knob schematics and told my friend to make those kits for me. I must have found wrong schematics. However the electrocnis should work perfectly.

YES there was a wire stuck between pickup and body.

I'm really sorry for that i suggested refund or a big discount if you decide to send you another bass.

Relicing is really time consuming and idividual process, some people do like them some are not i can't help that. It will never look 100% natural cause it just isn't natural. . Looking at reactions on my FB page people seem to like them and even write that they look much better that what for example sandberg or fender is doing on most of their relics. We experiment with lacquers a lot, we strip down old finishes, or  sand some of it to use as sealer, we used poly, pu, nitro, acrylic etc. each has its own flaws and benefits. Nitro is best one to make relics imo.

Please understand that making relic the way we do is really time consuming - you need to sand and paint the guitar,  buff it and then "destroy" it.21985598_1815714331787220_590897713_o.thumb.jpg.166fed5bd1cb07899572705b6e6c20d2.jpg21951502_1815178318507488_1469382870_o.thumb.jpg.c41612269c1c9e2847406eefa1b5f668.jpg

IMG_6702.thumb.jpg.bdac78a8fec90a50ab3d064cc7838bd8.jpg

So i think that adding to STANDARD price that we sell those guitars extra 200 EUR is a good price for amount of job to do it.

I also seen that somebody said that those basses sell for 150EUR. Show me ones that sell even on yahoo japan for 300 ill buy 50 of them for resale.

Also he said that there is some nonsense about some models misch -mash - wchich ones please tell me.

We called the green one  the custom 61' reissue cause of logo type period and stack knobs. The 61' P Bass is also our custom branding. In descripton it says that it is regular 62 reissue.

We  have really good feedback from customers (https://web.facebook.com/pg/Restauracjagitar/photos/?tab=album&album_id=264748956996947

As I pointed out on this forum, 'mistakes' as you call them are quite usual about the basses you sell on you're site, not only this one !

For instance, JB with P/J configuration from 1994 ?? Impossible ! These weren't made back then... They're from at least 2011, which is not the same. You're the pro, you should do your research. Because in my book, pretending a false year is fooling people, period.

As for the relicing job, sure it's time consuming... If it's made properly, that is on BARE BODY ! But breaking the PU at some spots, and then spraying some nitro over it isn't a proper job, nor is it time consuming, at least as much as a proper bare-body job. Just a lousy job for me as it won't last long, nitro has bad grip over PU, and i'm sure you know it.

200 is a fair price for that kind of job, it's true, but only if it's made properly, that is on a stripped-down body. Some guys in France do that for 250, for example Relic'Art...

As for the 150€ Japan Standards, i'm very used to Yahoo Auctions Japan. Last week I bought one Japanese PB Standard from 2009 on auction there for a friend... How much ? My winning bid was 18 000 Yens which is approx. 136€ , of course one must add to that the shipping costs (about 80€ by SAL) and the custom fees (about 60 more euros), so I got this one for less than 300€. Not bad for a non-pro, hey ? I know for sure that some pros are dealing directly with some dealers in Japan, and then the value of these Standards are dirt cheap. But maybe you don't ?

By the way, i searched for only 2 minutes in japanese shops, and look what i've found : a Japanese Standard PB-35 for only 35 000 Yens (264€). Sold to the public... Pros have discounts on such items.

To begin you can't buy directly from Yahoo Japan you need have some friend in Japan to do this.  Also you would need to add 3% sale tax, and shipping inside Japan wchich is not cheap.

I'm up to date on prices on  yahoo cause i buy there from time to time (by friend who charges me money for it). And congratulations on buying p bass for 18 000 i never seen one selling for that money but it is possible just like buying one here for 300eur.

To continue we are here in Europe and I don't see sense on bringing out selling prices from Japan? What is the point? You can import Japanese car from Japan much cheaper too. Those. Anyway we buy guitars from all around the world not Japan only.

And for the finish as i said we experiment a lot with finishes, we also do bare nitro on wood, poly, pu ETC. And nitro holds very very well to Poly, unless you dont sand it before. Looking on feedback people really like our relics so you don't bother me. We don't do only relics:

Zdjęcie użytkownika Restauracja gitar.

IMG_4697.thumb.jpg.7bbec09f8ca975e43c14e1289e3011c5.jpg

Edited by Restauracja Gitar

I really don't understand what is your point.

You are trying very very hard to show that our work isn't woth a penny and i don't know maybe i should sell this basses for 500EUR:)?

The guy from france charges 450EUR for dismantling, relicing, and assembying as far as i see.

We also level the frets, file the nuts, clean electronics, shield the electronics(on most guitars), clean and oil fingerboard, we put NEW duesenberg strings and do the set-up... Not metioning shipping with some extras like t-shirt etc..

Edited by Restauracja Gitar

Nope.

What i'm trying to tell you is that fooling people with false descriptions and informations about the instruments you're trying to sell online, will not help you sell them properly, on the contrary. Maybe you have been able to fool some customers, by taking advantage of their ignorance on the subject. Good for you, but I really don't think it's fair from a professional seller, that's my point. You can always discuss, but facts are facts, and some of your instruments are falsly advertised for what they are not, and some of them are also a result of random assemblies (e.g. a RI62 body with a Standard neck, and don't tell me you're not aware of that...) and no statement about it in the description. Now don't tell me you're being honest, because that was just a 'mistake'...

By the way, anyone can use a proxy service to buy on Yahoo auctions Japan, and that's what I do. And that way you won't pay the japanese consumption tax which is 8% (not 3%) because the item is meant for export purposes. And also many sellers offer free shipping within Japan... So ?

Oh, and sorry I forgot the link for the PB-36 at 35 000 Yens, here you go ! No Standards under 300€ hey ? And again I searched for less than 2 minutes...

Edited by XBassman_K

il y a 51 minutes, Restauracja Gitar a dit :

The guy from france charges 450EUR for dismantling, relicing, and assembying as far as i see.

Yep, that's for the entire instrument, 250 is for the body only...

il y a 53 minutes, Restauracja Gitar a dit :

We also level the frets, file the nuts, clean electronics, shield the electronics(on most guitars), clean and oil fingerboard, we put NEW duesenberg strings and do the set-up... Not metioning shipping with some extras like t-shirt etc..

Yeah right... Fresh strings are a minimum don't you think ? And as a pro that shouldn't cost you a lot, does it ? As for the rest, in my experience (and i've bought quite a lot from Japan), if you're buying from professional sellers in Japan, instruments they advertise for sale are usually very very clean and ready to play, no fret leveling/dressing whatsoever needed.

On the other hand they also have a stock which they usually don't advertise online nor propose 'over the counter' (but you could still find them on auction sites), that are instruments they bought for trade that are quite beaten-up, and do need some work or restoration. So maybe you buy those ? I used to be in contact with a gentleman (regrettably now deceased) working for Ishibashi, and he used keep me informed about those instruments needing some work. Well believe me, he would let them go for really really cheap...

Excusez moi pour se trouble ,mateusz est d'accord pour me rembourser, ou me trouver une autre basse .

Chacun à son opinion,nous sommes partis de travers et on va essayer de redresser la barre .

J'avais pas vu son intervention et je pense que c'est bien qu'il que se soit expliqué.

Pour ma part la basse reçue n'est vraiment pas à la hauteur de mes attentes .Tout le monde a le droit de se tromper peut être mon emballement à contribuer à cette déconvenue...

Je pense que j'ai assez d'expérience et j'ai eu assez de basse en ma possession ,pour pouvoir juger et je reste sur la position.

La suite dans le prochain épisode 

Sorry i know its French forum but i barely understand what you people are writing. But i want to sort things out and don't wanna people telling that I'm fooling anyone, especially if there is absolutely no sense in that. And i agreed that i made a mistake, and suggested refund without any issues. Thats one thing (I'm writing to bassman).

Second thing you said that our relics look bad - Relics are 5% of the basses we do 90% basses that we are selling are stock original basses (with eventually replaced pickguards or knobs) fully restored, and we posted many pictures from restoration processes that show the condition of basses that are sold in "good conditon" as you mentioned.

You said that relics must be done with  bare nitro. I dont agree with that - post 69 fenders have very hard sealer (as hard as poly) and nitro is put over that. This sealer was transparent or white.

Any lacquer will stick to any surface if its rough enough.

The problem is when you try to put 2k finish (with hardener) over 1K finish (just with thinner that evaporates). 

We experiment with finishes a lot, what you can hear on this video: 

There is:

bass with stock urethane

nitro over urethane

one that was stripped to wood and painted with hard transparent poly selaer and nitro over it

one with bare nitro

one with stripped finish  and painted with very hard poly sealer + poly clear

One with acrylic sealer and acrylic clear

There is even one made like fender fotoflame + poly

and even one that has cotton matrial flooded in hard poly.

Each sound a bit diferent and this is done on purpose.

Please tell me wchich 62 body is mixed with standard neck i dont see that? 

And about the PJ why would i lie? The serial is made in japan, not crafted in Japan so as far i  know its pre 2000's 

What benefit would i have from that ? The price would be the same for 1990-2017 model and it depends on condition.

I prommised my client refund or another bass with nice price cut so all that needed to be said is said. I have no more to say

sorry for my english

• bastien locked this topic