Genzler Amp

Kamiko

quand on donne une bande passante à 32 Hz sans indiquer à quel niveau (-3dB, -10dB, -26 ???) ça ne veut pas dire grand chose, c'est juste du marketing... c'est valable pour toutes les marques ou presque. ils sont pas nombreux à donner des infos fiables à ce niveau.

Aucun cab ne descend à 25hertz (peut être le El Whappo grande de chez Accugroove j'ai pas retenu)

Fielfy de Korn fait bien entendre son La grave avec ses enceintes GK qui descendent vraiment pas bas du tout.

Des 4x10 qui restituent parfaitement le Si grave tout en ayant une bande passante supérieure à 40-45 hertz y'en a une pelletée :)

Pour cela sur je parle de pratique, attendons d'entendre :)

Quant au facteur cul ... :p

Hellzero tu portes bien ton nom hein xD

40-45 hertz c'était pour le minimum fréquentiel à encaisser et non une plage (pas celle de Biarriz hein, oui faut tout t'expliquer du coup, cher technicien :) )

Si on arrive à sortir un super la grave sur un cab qui descend assez haut, alors la définition sera encore plus claire et profonde sur un cab qui se rapproche de 30hz.

La théorie je m'en tamponne pas mal, à postiori, j'aime bien regarder les specs mais rien ne vaut un bon vieil essai en live.

J'essai simplement de déduire de façon logique, je n'ai pas une formation de technicien mais de musicien, nuances :3

Note pour les membres participants à cet intéressant topic :

L'équipe de modération n'apprécie que très modérément les mises en cause personnelles sur le thème du "vous êtes tous cons sauf moi".

Que l'on ait raison sur le fond ou pas, un minimum de politesse et de respect, y compris pour les moins sachant, n'est pas une option sur ce forum.

Le sieur Hellzero est donc sous investigation et prié de bien vouloir surveiller son langage.

Quant au débat proprement dit, merci à tous de rester dans les limites de la courtoisie qui sied si bien aux bassistes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Je rapelle: c'est du plein air et on joue tous sur un double système Bose L1 avec 4 petits sub B1 .Basse ,guitare ,chant et 6 micros sur la batterie.

enregistré à 50m environ avec un petit Tascam.

Edited by Popa Schultze

• 3 weeks later...

Bass player magazine:

"The new Genzler Amplification Bass Array 12-3 (Model BA12-3) bass cabinets, officially available as of earlier this month, cut a new corner in the bass cabinet market. Following in the footsteps of larger sound reinforcement systems, they employ a "line array" design. The cabs use five neodymium-based Faital drivers: one 12" woofer and four 3" mid/high drivers (mounted vertically in front of the 12 in the same linear plane). The cabs are very compact at 16" x 19" x 18", weigh only 34lbs, handle 350W, with a frequency response of 32Hz-15KHz, and are 8 ohms (nominal). The cabs are finished in heavy duty black vinyl with metal corners, and sport two each of sealed ¼ jacks and Speakon connectors. The build quality is top notch and the aesthetics are very eye-catching. The new Genzler amp was not available yet, but we did test with various other products, such as GK MB800, Ampeg SVT (81), Custom KXB 500, TC BH800, and a Fender Bassman Pro 300. They have a single strap-style carry handle, and are easy to transport, though our test cabs did not have any feet opposite the handles, which we would prefer for transit between setups.

The idea behind the line array is to avoid comb filtering, or dead spots, when moving around on stage, and it works. The mid/high drivers are crossed over around 800Hz, the slope bridges the gap from the highs to lows smoothly, and without the need of a high-end attenuator, such as found in most woofer/tweeter configurations, though they also have a sweeter/smoother high end than most tweeter-based designs. This warms up the tone for slap and does a nice job when distortion boxes are used. Between the carefully married drivers and linear plane synchronization of the line array design, these cabs hit hard, and carry a particular focus which belies the deceptive size of the box. You hit them hard say, with a low B they hit back hard. The low end is not big and round, like larger cabs, but is tight and coherent, with plenty of punch. The high end is smooth and present; subtle for fingerstyle, but supports brighter tones with authority when demanded. One surprise we had was how good it sounded with tube heads, which tend to sound best in sealed designs, vs a reflex design, such as this.

The bottom line is, the BA12-3 is a refreshing new take on high-power, compact bass cab design, with impressive characteristics. We cant wait to see other products from Genzler Amplification as they are released!"

Alors que les avis d'utilisateurs (moins fiables car plus impressionnables), et surtout l'un d'entre eux, compare deux de ces 12" à son système 410 et 115 (quelle marque quel modèle??? On ne sait pas) et donne l'avantage de loin aux Genz.

Forcément quand on vient d'acheter ses cabs plus de 800 $ l'unité, on ne peut en dire que du bien :lollarge:

Jazzad: Il y a quelques années, sur tes conseils, je m'étais abonné à bassplayer mag,ils sont bien pointilleux mais toujours une tendance à affirmer que tout sonne bien par contre au final -_-

Ils mettaient quand même des produits plus en avant que d'autres avec leur "award bass player" un titre comme ça.

Ça reste bien moins pire que bassiste magazine lol !

Ps: On attend de voir si le couple 2x12 line array envoie du grave, car perso le "not big and round" -_-

"

The only amp that i am able to speak about is the new Genzler magellan 800. "Formerly Genz Benz founder" I have actually gigged it LIVE. .. I was given the opportunity to hold onto the prototype for a while and use it on some gigs.. In living room or store setting i can't tell the difference between old and new modules. But on the gig it was very noticeable.

From what i understand, the Magellan 800 has one of the newer Modules. That's all that i know.

I gigged it from a huge LOUD rock gig, Two Loud rock club gigs and a church gig..

There is a difference between this new style amp and all of the predecessors that i have gigged . It has girth that the others seem to give up when they are leaned on.

I think other manufacturers are starting to use the newer modules soon. But again. I don't know for certain.. I only talk about what i have in hand."

"

The only amp that i am able to speak about is the new Genzler magellan 800. "Formerly Genz Benz founder" I have actually gigged it LIVE. .. I was given the opportunity to hold onto the prototype for a while and use it on some gigs.. In living room or store setting i can't tell the difference between old and new modules. But on the gig it was very noticeable.

From what i understand, the Magellan 800 has one of the newer Modules. That's all that i know.

I gigged it from a huge LOUD rock gig, Two Loud rock club gigs and a church gig..

There is a difference between this new style amp and all of the predecessors that i have gigged . It has girth that the others seem to give up when they are leaned on.

I think other manufacturers are starting to use the newer modules soon. But again. I don't know for certain.. I only talk about what i have in hand."

"

A la ricaine.

Mais trop tard il est dans le collimateur celui là! :)