Le Peavey Club

linn134

Finalement c'est peut être compréhensible sur ce genre de produit, vu la mise en oeuvre, de plus fait main aus States, certainement que çà leur coûtait trop cher.

De part la faible connaissance du produit dans le monde de la basse, ils n'en vendaient surement pas assez pour amortir les coûts.

Ceci dit, si Kobrakai n'aurait pas vendu sa Cirrus et que Sieur Kascollet n'avait pas fait de review réaliste je ne connaîtrais pas vraiment ces basses

• 2 weeks later...

Hello la troupe.

Après avoir essayé avec satisfaction cette Cirrus sur mon Boss BR-600, le passage en groupe était obligatoire.

Etant un habitué du son Fender ou du genre Fender, là c'est différent, tout à Zéro c'est plus mat, plus rond, plus ramassé, les médiums et aigus sont plus étouffés.

A voir avec le temps si ça me plaira, pour l'instant c'est clair que c'est la basse qui pour moi est la plus facile à jouer de toutes celles que j'ai eu et j'en ai eu pas mal.

Pour info, jouer une demie/heure sur cette Cirrus et passer sur une Stingray ou ma BB-2024, ca fait drôle, on se demande comment on fait pour jouer avec ces gros manches, on reprends vite l'habitude mais c'est impressionnant.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ca a peut être déjà été relevé : PEAVEY relance la production des Cirrus :

https://peavey.com/products/bass-guitars.cfm#series-1

Il n'y a pas toutes les version historiques (pas la mienne en tout cas), mais les specs sont les mêmes, à un "détail" pres : elles sont fabriquées... en Indonesie !

Essai :

Edited by kascollet

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First time on "onlybass" and it's good to see there is a Peavey club :)  Some think I'm the curator of a Peavey museum in Scotland but that sounds like work, owning Peaveys is too much fun for it to be  a job. Here are some of my clan 

5a635ce48c884_PeaveyFamily(5).thumb.jpg.71f547f484082c94d2aaf0c08966f94f.jpg

• Like 5
  • +1 1

44 minutes ago, Bamberger said:

Can we ask why so much? It's look awsome anyway, congrats. I have a t-40 myself. Do you still look for gems to find or you have like one examplare of each bass from the company?

It's easy to answer. When I bought my 1st, Peaveys were cheap. I was looking for different combinations, Foundation with ferrite strung with flatwound compared to soapbar Foundation with flatwound. At 70 to 120 euro each it was quite painless and I planned on selling when I found the right combination. Pretty soon I was trying all the different models I could find, and normally buying them too.

I woke up one morning to discover I owned at least one of every model released :) The great thing is over the years I've made contact with many Peavey players and Peavey employees.

Regarding T40 weight my lightest is one I comverted to 5 strings,about 4.5Kg. In later years the T40 designer Chip Todd would carve out the back of T60s to lighten them for clients.

PDXm6e3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XBassman_K said:

Wow nice 5 string conversion there! Good job. You managed to fit 5 single string bridges in the original bridge plate? Well done. How narrow is that between strings?

Thanks for the kind words.  The spacing is narrow, 15.5mm. The trouble is not the bridge plate, I could grind the sides of the mono saddles, the trouble is the T40 neck is only 60.5mm wide at the 20th fret.

Going wider would risk E & G just covering the fretboard and no more. OK because I rarely play high up but it would spoil the look.

40 minutes ago, XBassman_K said:

And what about the fitting of the extra tuning machine on the headstock ? 

4 + 1. Placing it before the Peavey logo only involves moving the string tree.This particular T40 was in a terrible state and I'd bought it only as a source for spare parts.

A good friend and retired Peavey engineer had converted one of his to 5 strings and encouraged me to at least try the conversion first. I was concerned about the neck reacting with the added tension but even strung with La Bella Jamerson flats has been no trouble.

Un lien vers le manual des cirrus us :

http://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/00350260.pdf

J'ai rarement vu un manuel aussi complet pour une basse. Y compris pour l'intonation, hauteur de cordes, ect. Enfaite l'autre comme ça dont je me souvient est celui de la t-40.

Et le manuel de la cirrus est en français. Du jamais vu dans ce cas. Chapeau Peavey!

Salut à tous ! Je suis entrain de finaliser l'achat d'une cirrus us 5c or je compte changé les micros ! Si quelqu'un à les cotes des vfl pour les 5 cordes je serai content de les avoir pour chercher ! merci ! ah je suis pas contre des avis sur les micros et sur le préamp qui là est 1999 ! Quel upgrade dans la mesure où j'aimerai un 3 band avec mid paramétrable façon millénium ! Re merci !!!

Edited by geserarien